There are lots of things I love, lots of stuff I hate, lots of knowledge I've acquired along the way, and lots of things I still don't understand. I suppose in a way it's about me, but I didn't want this to be a repeat of my lengthy life updates. So, it's just a collection of lists. At least one per week. An insight inside my brain, if you will. Twelve items pertaining to whatever topic I feel like, ranked in appropriate order, for your reading pleasure and mostly so I can put all my thoughts onto "paper." Maybe you'll agree. Maybe you'll think I have the dumbest opinions on the face of this planet. Maybe you'll laugh. Maybe you'll wish you could get those few minutes of your life back that you just spent reading what I had to say. But maybe, just maybe, you'll learn a little something new.

sabato 30 giugno 2012

You can take the girl out of....

You can take the girl out of the US, but you can't take the US out of the girl.

Although Italy shaped and influenced me a lot, there were certain things about my US lifestyle that I just wasn't willing to part with.





2. Starbucks = better than Italian coffee.



3. PDA still makes me uncofmrtable.  People straddling people in parks.  Making out on street corners in broad daylight.  It's very special that you love each other so much. Get a room.



4. Cookies for breakfast. It's awesome.  But I can't do it on a regular basis. Too weird, and it sucks starting your day off feeling fat from cookies.  (I have self control issues)



5.
Football > Soccer


A
6. Peanut butter, mac & Cheese, Ranch, BBQ, fried appetizers, pancakes, hashbrowns, and a Ian's pizza will always be delicious to me.





You can take the girl out of Italy, but you can't take Italy out of the girl.

Well, like I said.  Italy has influenced my life and my lifestyle a lot.  Coming back to the US, I have found a few habits hard to break.

1. Even when I speak English, my hands fly everywhere and I use the Italian hand gestures. Makes me look SUPER cool.  My dad and brother love it because they make fun of me hardcore.

2. Coming from living with a family who ALWAYS have fresh parm, I'm not sure how i can survive without it.  And I DEFINITELY can't afford the real stuff, so we'll see how this goes.


3. I say boh. a lot. 

4. I miss speaking Italian.  So. Sometimes when I get drunk enough--- I just start rambling.  Even though nobody can understand me. 

6. Although I say football is better than soccer.... I still became a soccer fan.  (ish)  I watch Italy play and scream at the TV in both languages and watch AC games.  I never thought I'd see the day.





6.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento