There are lots of things I love, lots of stuff I hate, lots of knowledge I've acquired along the way, and lots of things I still don't understand. I suppose in a way it's about me, but I didn't want this to be a repeat of my lengthy life updates. So, it's just a collection of lists. At least one per week. An insight inside my brain, if you will. Twelve items pertaining to whatever topic I feel like, ranked in appropriate order, for your reading pleasure and mostly so I can put all my thoughts onto "paper." Maybe you'll agree. Maybe you'll think I have the dumbest opinions on the face of this planet. Maybe you'll laugh. Maybe you'll wish you could get those few minutes of your life back that you just spent reading what I had to say. But maybe, just maybe, you'll learn a little something new.

martedì 26 giugno 2012

The Best Things About Airports

So I know that a lot of people aren't huge fans of airports.  They can be stressful, you usually have to hang out there for an extended period of time, and it's expensive. Then you have to get on the airplane where you have no leg room, you're confined to a small space for x amount of hours, and sometimes the pressure/altitude messes with your head.  But there are also a lot of AWESOME things about airplanes and airports.  As I have just returned from a 19 hour travel, my ideas on airport/airplane travel are fresh in my mind.  Please note that this should have extra significance in the fact that I love it because I have a very non-existent ass which therefore makes traveling/sitting for long periods of time in general painful.  So you MUST know that is awesome.  You should also know that this discludes both London-Gatwick and London-Stansted.  I hate you London.  I hate you England.

1.  I always buy magazines at the airport.  I'm always too cheap/never have time to read them in normal life.  But this is a perfect opportunity to catch up on celeb gossip, newest diets, fashion trends, whatever your hear desires.

2. You always see a lot of different cultures and hear a ton of different languages thrown around, which is cool.

3. It's acceptable to sleep on the floor.  I have zero problems with this in real life, but other people judge me; so here I'm good to go.

4. If you pick the right airline, you get free booze on the plane.

5. You learn to appreciate the leg room that you have when you're on land. 

6. I also always buy braingames and puzzles and stuff, which are fun to do, but I never buy books or anything for them.

7.  I always watch movies I'd never watch normally, and they turn out to be awesome.  Latest example: The Blind Side.  It had never interested me before, but it was AWESOME.

8. Airport food. Expensive, but legit.  And it's okay to buy it, because you don't have any other choice.

9. Two words.  Moving. Walkways.

10. You get to see cities from above on takeoff and landing.  Super cool view.

11. People watching is PRIME at the airport.  Just sit back on your territory that you've claimed on the floor, with your airport food, your magazine that you're pretending to read, and just enjoy the show. There's always something good going on.

12. Going to the airport means you're going somewhere.  Whether it's leaving for a vacation (exciting) or going home (good to see everyone again), you're going somewhere different. Even if you're flying for a sad reason, there will usually be someone you love waiting on the other end of that flight.

Happy travels folks!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento